Sunday, June 19, 2005

A little happiness, a little sadness...

It is absolutely gorgeous today in Seattle. The sky is clear and it's breezy. There were a number of boats and canoes out on Lake Washington, making me wish, yet again, that I had a boat. Even a rubber dingy would do. Although the weather has been fantastic there was a touch of sadness today. The veterinarian who cared for my rabbits has passed away. Dr. Barbara Deeb was a fantastic vet, and she'll be greatly missed. I attended her memorial service this afternoon and heard some delightful stories. The gentleman who officiated the service had a cute anecdote which I thought very touching. Dr. Deeb was an only child but she knew she wanted to be a vet. Her parents didn't have much money to support her, so instead, the family moved together to Ft. Collins where Dr. Deeb was accepted to school. I love that story. Safe journey, Dr. Deeb.

No comments: