Monday, June 06, 2005

A Girl's Gotta Shop

A new way I've found to put off the dissertation is to be a more active consumer. I've recently purchased: two new brands of foundation (Bare Minerals and Sheer Cover - I wanted to compare the two), books (A Treasure's Trove Kit, the new Oprah summer series, Elvis' Recipes, Ragamuffin Gospel, and Heaven Lake - both online and at a store), junk food (at a new grocery store in Edmonds), beer (you must first go to the location to brew your beer, then come back two weeks later to bottle it - 10 gallons of it), DVDs (Gilligan's Island - Season 2, Weeping Camel, and ELF), and household cleaners (Kaboom and Clorox toilet bowl cleaner). I am now mulling over buying a new Dyson vacuum cleaner. It seems the economy will improve while I put off work on the dissertation.

No comments: