Sunday, July 25, 2010

All is well...in Houston!

Checking in here at 12:40 am...Houston time. I arrived on Saturday, August 24th for a short vacation to be with my cousin Carolyn who will soon be moving to the Pacific Northwest. She's going to be in for a treat! She won't have to deal with the heat and humidity (we have rain - but that's different!). It'll be some adjustment for the southern belle that she is.

OK...the big news on the way to Houston. I got my aisle seat, and was hoping for the seat next to me to be empty, but no such luck. And when I say no such luck, I mean for the person who eventually claimed said window seat. As it turns out, I had the chance to sit next to Bonnie Dunbar!!!! Ok, you don't know who Bonnie Dunbar is. Here's the one sentence summary: Bonnie Dunbar, Ph.D. is the current President and CEO of The Museum of Flight and a former NASA Astronaut! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG...I sat next to a rocket scientist (well, technically a Ph.D. in Mechanical/Biomedical Engineering but I'm not going to split hairs now). She was a part of 5 different flights to space. You can check out her bio here.

You can imagine that after my flight, it's all downhill from here. I'll hang out with Carolyn, have some fun, and then hele on home.

No comments: