Friday, July 25, 2008

Sunshine, Friends, and Farewells...

 

Every year I have a wonderful opportunity to meet with new teachers who are departing for Japan. The teachers are part of the JET program and will be teaching in public schools for the next year. It becomes even more special when one of my students is selected and can take part in the program. This was one of those years. Joe, pictured here with Consul General Namba, will be leaving for Hokkaido tomorrow morning. His wife, Kellyn, will be joining him in a week when they can begin this wonderful new adventure. It was a good day - lots of sun, meeting friends, and wishing a former student (now friend) a fond farewell.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Phil and Callie said...

oh wow, that brings back memories. By the way, you take great food pics Suzan...I always end up hungry when I look at your blog:)

Anonymous said...

It was great speaking with you tonight. Aloha! I tried to find you on facebook, but couldn't find you under your name. I'm listed as Kahuku Net on facebook.

Aloha!