Friday, April 18, 2008

A Last Farewell to Sally


Well, today started off on a sad note. My rabbit, Sally, has been progressively deteriorating in health. I had taken her into the vets a couple of weeks ago because I noticed a head tilt in her. She tested positive for ecunniculi - a nasty disease. In addition, the vet felt something in her stomach, but she didn't know quite what it was. Anyway, last night when I came home, I knew that Sally was just too weak to carry on. She had lost a lot of weight despite having a healthy appetite. This morning I made the call and took Sally in. It's never an easy decision, is it? About 20 minutes later the vet called and said that she felt Sally's stomach again and realized that the growth had spread - Sally most likely had cancer. So this was the right time to say goodbye to Sally. I hope that she's romping up in bunny heaven w/ Mimi and Tonki.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww, I'm so sorry about Sally. She was an old girl though wasn't she. She had a good life with you. I know she ate well. Talk to you soon. :( Suzie

Unknown said...

So sorry about Sally, Suz. You did have her for a long time, didn't you? :( Dean & Sheri