Friday, June 16, 2006

The Sickly Child

When did I become "that" kid? You know the kid. She's the one with the allergies and at the first sign of winter, she catches the first cold. While she may not look sickly, she has to take meds for chronic illnesses. I don't know when it happened, but I'm now that kid.

I knew that swimming around the pool could not be good for me, yet I had to do it everyday that I was in Houston. So you know that feeling where you have water in your ear cuz you can hear it sloshing when you're moving around? I had it, but I wasn't too bothered by it since I figured it would go away. It didn't. Instead, my ear started to hurt. A lot. It felt like a chopstick being jammed into my ear. Off I went to the clinic and 2 hours later I was diagnosed with an ear infection, and a case of ringworm. OMG. How did that happen????? I went to the store and picked up my four prescriptions. The one thing all the meds have in common is that they are all oily. The drops wouldn't be so bad if they didn't seep out of my ear. Gross, I know. The ringworm ointment has to be applied to my inner elbow which gets sticky whenever I bend my arm. I don't know how it happened, but I'm now that sick kid with all the meds.

No comments: