Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My Trip to Hawai'i

My brother picked me up bright and early for an 8:30 am flight to Hawai'i. At about 7:30 I got in line to volunteer to get bumped. Luck was with me. I got bumped and moved to the 5:30 pm flight. I went home for a little bit (thanks to the taxi services of Jack W. and Cindy R.) and made it back to the airport by 2:45. I went through security and back to the desk to volunteer again to get bumped. Come on...I'm on summer break, I'm not doing anything else. The agent said he didn't need me but did put me in first class. I settled into my first class seat and had just finished my drink when the same agent came through first class. He asked if I still wanted to get bumped. Of course, I said yes. Off I went. The long and short of it? I made $600 dollars today (in airline credit) and will leave tomorrow for Honolulu in first class. I don't know why I only caught on to this now.

1 comment:

pabs said...

I just saw Mizue this week in Tokyo... she is so great, isn't she? It was so nice to get her opinion about Japan and culture and life. Plus, it was nice to talk with someone who can understand my position. Good old NU, how I miss thee.

And by the way, you're my airline-system hero.