Wednesday, December 20, 2006

No Wind, No Rain, and (still) no Power

So the largest windstorm to hit the Seattle area in a decade has left the city in ruins. Maybe not in ruins, but it sure feels like it. Winds measured 70 mph at Sea-Tac Airport, but in little Woodinville, it didn't really feel like that. Yet after 5 days, my condo is still without power...sans power...no tengo power...denki nai. To add insult to injury, 2/3 of my condo complex has power, but my little row does not. Subdivisions all around me have power, and not only that, people have been flaunting their electricity by plugging in all of their Christmas lights and decorations. Even the little ghetto mart down the street has power. I can say that I have power right now, but I had to leave the state to get it. I'm now sitting in Hawaii, typing away in an airconditioned room. My poor roommate, though, is sleeping in a condo that I'm sure is about 28 degrees. Yikes. I only hope that the power comes back on before I return to Seattle. All right...I'll stop whining.

No comments: