Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Panic Attack!

So my chair wants me to finish the dissertation this year. I was thrilled. I was euphoric. Then I realized all the work I had to do. I am now in a panic. How much work do I need to do? Well, here's the list:

1. Finish Chapter 8 (Conclusion)
2. Finish Chapter 1 (Introduction)
3. Develop a glossary for the Appendix
4. Revise all chapters (I thought I'd have more time for this)
5. Format everything to standard
6. Table of Contents

I need to have all of this done by 9/26. I'll send everything to the chair, and if it's all okay, I'll send a copy each to the readers. They in turn have four weeks to read the dissertation. If it's a go, I must defend during the last week of October, in order to submit everything in its completed form to the Graduate School by November 15. Feeling a little uneasy right now.

1 comment:

pabs said...

Suzan! No need to panic! I totally have faith in you that you can finish this beast of a dissertation. Hang in there and be sure to take care of you first. YOU are more important than IT! I'm cheerin' you on..