Thursday, July 14, 2005

Peace and Quiet...I'm Depressed

Last week my girlfriend Susan, her mother and her two nieces came to visit me. Susan and her mom, Jennie, drove from Santa Maria, CA to Bakerfield, CA where they picked up Brittanie and Steffanie. They then drove to Kirkland, WA to see me. It was such a great week; they packed a lot in for such a short time. On Friday we spent the day at Ikea. We had lunch in the cafeteria where Susan was in hog heaven with the smorgasbord. She tried the different varieties of smoked and pickled fish. That evening we went to Sushiland in Bellevue. On Saturday we all went to the hula halau to dance. Brittanie, Steffanie and I danced both the hula and also tried tahitian dancing. Those girls could dance! The International District was next on the list. The women went first to Hing Hay Park and saw a bit of the halau performance and then they shopped at Uwajimaya. Jennie had to have chowder so they headed to Ivars then they climbed the stairs to Pike Place Market. They had to rest half way up the stairs. The girls were in heaven shopping in downtown Seattle: Nordstroms, Nordstroms Rack, Banana Republic, etc. They made it home late that night. The rest of the week is still kind of a blur although I remember card games (Progressive Rummy) movies (Shall We Dance, and ELF), as well as home cooked meals (Chicken Paprikash) and lots of ice cream. Jeff, my neighbor, had a great time, too. He came over and had meals with us, and even took the girls to ice cream. It was a fantastic week but I'm so sad they are gone. The women packed up their bags last night and left this morning at 4:30 AM. The house will be quiet tonight and we'll have to wait for their return next year. Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Suzan! I'm glad you miss us so much! lol But I hope things seem happier in the near future! Miss you! ttyl. bye